Val Thorens is what we like to call a stage 1 ski resort meaning it has been purpose built for skiing. Val Thorens is the highest ski resort in Europe lying above the tree line at 2300m. it is a ski –in-ski-out resort. We selected Va Thorens because of its height but also its massive ski area, with 600km of ski slopes. It is the largest ski area in the world and the season runs from November – May giving us the longest season out of all our Pure resorts.
With a large range of accommodation as well as France’s best ski hotel Val Thorens is a resort for those who like the finer things in life. Off the slopes you can enjoy tobogganing, ice driving experience in a Subaru as well as a zip line for when you just haven’t had enough of an adrenaline rush from the day’s skiing. The town has a good amount of restaurants and bars to keep you busy to the early hours of the morning!
Be sure to stop by the legendry Le Folie Douce for an afternoon après ski session that will blow your mind. We would advise to take a ski guide to really take advantage of the ski area as it’s easy to get lost with 600km of skiing.
– Arrival transfer Geneva Airport to Val Thorens – France (2 adults)
– 7 nights 1Bedroom 2 people 32m² accommodation at Les Balcons Platinium 5* with room only (1 room)
– 06 Days Beginner ski set (skis, boots and poles) (2 adults)
– 06 Day Adult Ski Pass (2 adults)
– Pure Skiing Buff (2 adults)
– 10Days Bryte Travel Insurance R25million per person (2 adults)
– Return transfer Val Thorens to Geneva Airport – France (2 adults)
– Passport & visas.
– Meals & drinks not mentioned.
– Courier fees if applicable. Tourist tax to be paid in resort.
– Airfare, taxes & surcharges (Flights unless otherwise stated)
– Ski lessons (Optional extra unless otherwise stated)
– Entertainment programme (Optional extra unless otherwise stated)
– Local Taxes to settle direct upon check out +- Euro 2.20 pp/pn (Excluded unless otherwise stated)
09 March – 16 March 2019
16 March – 23 March 2019
23 March – 30 March 2019
30 March – 06 April 2019
06 Days Beginner ski set (skis, boots and poles)
06 Day Adult Ski Pass
Situated at the top of Les 3 Vallées, the largest ski area in the world, in the heart of a natural rock and ice circus, Val Thorens offers a complete range of skiing. At 2300 metres, Val Thorens, the highest resort in Europe, is situated in the heart of a 360° Alpine Circus, orientated in all four directions, with a grandiose countryside, optimal sun throughout the day and nearly guaranteed snow from the end of November through to the beginning of May. There’s easy skiing
around the resort, medium and difficult on the summits.
Beginners are well served by magic carpet lifts and the gentlest of nursery slopes around the Rond Point des Pistes in the valley. From here they can progress to green and blue runs off the Deux Lacs and Cascades chairs.
Experts will spend much of their time on and around the Cime de Caron that reaches 3,200m. Its cable car serves one red and two blacks and is the launch point for some of the best off piste itineraries in the area, and that’s saying something given the opportunities for powder throughout the resort are outstanding. There are descents on both side of the ridge, with runs reaching all the way down to the small village of Orelle on the Maurienne side.
For intermediate skiers and snowboarders Val Thorens is a dream. Forays into the territories of Les Menuires and St Martin de Belleville for long, cruising, and at times demanding runs should not be missed. But don’t worry about heading over to the other half of the Trois Vallées – there’s just too much to be done in and around Val Thorens.
Arrival transfer Geneva Airport to Val Thorens
Return transfer Val Thorens to Geneva Airport