Due to its prime location between the Kitzbüheler Horn and Wilder Kaiser mountains, St Johann offers many north-facing slopes, and an altitude ranging from 727-1700m. Not only does it boast a great snow record, but its varying terrain makes it perfect for groups of mixed-ability skiers.
St Johann has a modest ski area with 42.5 km of pistes serviced by 17 modern ski lifts. The fact that the mountain is easy to navigate with wide open slopes makes it a top pick for beginner skiers. For the more advanced skier, there is the option to upgrade your ski pass to include all neighbouring resorts.
5 dinners at different venues with select activities.
– Welcome dinner: After a long journey, you can settle into a relaxed dinner and get to know some of your fellow travellers.
– Bum-boarding and dinner: Good old-fashioned fun sliding down the slopes, followed by dinner.
– Tobogganing and dinner: No ski holiday is complete without experiencing the toboggan track. Depending on conditions, dinner will be held before or after the sledging.
– Mountain hut evening: Dinner is hosted at a mountain refuge on the mountain. Enjoy the views of the town and experience the quite slopes at night.
– Farewell dinner: Celebrate a great week skiing with new-found friends.
Enjoy over 50 restaurants in the townand 19 mountain huts on the slopes, including a wide variety of traditional and gourmet food. Some of our favourites? La Rustica, Hüber-Bråu, Masianco, Båren, Park and Post.
St Johann has a lively après-ski atmosphere and is known for its fun range of bars, restaurants and nightlife to suit all ages. Be sure to check out some favourites, including Max Pub, Båren and Hüber-Bråu tower. There is also a regular train service into Kitzbühel, 15 minutes away, which also has a great nightlife and casino.
St Johann is a great family resort with fantastic children’s facilities. The local ski-school has an excellent team of instructors for all ages and levels. Children from out of nappies can learn to ski with the Bobo Clubs, while children from 11 to 15 years can have fun developing their skills with the Junior Talent School, designed to develop racing skills.
With the recent announcement of the countrywide lock down PureSkiing offices will be closed from the 27th March. During this time it is crucial that we all do our part in curbing the spread of the Corona Virus. Although our offices are closed we are still open for business. Our staff will be working remotely so don’t hesitate to contact us.
For any information you need regarding the covid-19 lock down or in general regarding the virus please visit the national website, www.sacoronavirus.co.za
During this time, we hope that you and your family remain safe and healthy.